How about start anew ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• How about start anew ?

Hi,
      I don't speak german so maybe there is similar topic already.
      Anyways, let me illustrate my motives and my ideas.
      Yesterday I was welding my new project with my 2x5 welders using projector. It was 3:30 am and there was only 1 person more online. Everytime I moved to a new row of blocks game froze for a while before they appeared.
      It pushed me to conclusion that there is just too many on the server right now and it gets unplayable with 10 ppl online, not to say 25. Thats mostly because of modificators on backpack/cargo size, ref speed, ass speed etc etc.
      It was all set not for a long term server. Limits that came later were already too late and still to large. We are now like not full 2 months since server started and now I think not much can be done to cure us from "low sim speed".
      Well, there is one thing. Entire wipe and massive changes since the beginning.
      First of all, it's not like I'm new(I'm here since the beginning) and I don't care. I have quite a fleet here ;) But still I see no point in going further.
      So, my solution is drastic but very effective and I bet that those who wish to play with decent sim speed and have fun in long term will vote for it:
      1. We start anew. On a smaller universe, lets say 1 planet + moon + asteroids.
      2. We limit our world to like planet + 1000km diameter around. It's still huge, trust me.
      3. We set all modifiers to base 1x. 1x backpack, 1x cargo, 1x speed of every automatic job like refining or welding, grinding, etc.
      4.1. We limit grids that cause ppl to drastically and uncontrollably grow: Refs, arcs, ass etc. 2x each max for a player.
      4.2. We limit production enchancing modules also, so there won't be a stack of refs and asses with prod modules all around and 500% speed.
      5. We reduce max number of drillers, welders, grinders per player to let's say 4x each per player.
      6. We set max block limit per player to overall maximum 5000. Starting with 500. Making something bigger will actually force ppl to join in bigger factions so they can make constructions together.
      7. We leave mods that are now on second server, like trading stations/sky city, so the grow would be slowed down by need of trading and it would make a particular regions of space more crowded ;)
      8. We let new players to spawn only with planetary lander, so space conquest would have to be preceded with earth surveying and settling.
      9. We activate dogs on earth, so grids left unprotected or just abandoned would be faster recycled with their help and it won't be this easy to survive on planet as it is now.
      10. We reduce turrets limit per player by half, so max 10 overall of missile and gatling + 5 interiors.

I wrote that as "we" because I think that we - players - are also a part of this server and we take part in creating it in some way.

I think that's all for now what came to my mind. In my opinion it is a really good change and server lifespan would increase as hell.
      I remember 100% sim speed with 25 ppl online for a while after server started. Imagine it would be still the same at this moment if it wasn't that easy to have shitload of everything in a moment...

For those who used to bigger limits and cargo size I remind that this is a survival mode, not creative and there are other activities than just building in this game.
      Maybe if building was like this, ppl would actually more enthusiastically take part in confronting with other factions ;) Now it's just useless making another big ship to just float there in space for no reason.

That is a server configuration I would love to meet here.
      What are your opinions.
      Pls share here and let's think about it. Maybe admin would consider it, as at this point there isn't much that can be done to improve overall game experience. Sim speed is the key here.

Peace
    • Finding a guy on earth 60km diameter isn't an easy task :) Ppl could be released from being forced to "antenna" their secured grids, and without that signal issue it is really a good fortune if you find anyone there :) All my playing on this serv I found maybe like 3 bases with just pure luck, all rest were somehow related to rapid signal appearance.
      And I have flew across planet and across space.
      Second thing. Now you can buy security beacon which makes your grid invulnerable 30 minutes after your logout.
      It is damn expensive now, but it could always be easier achievable, so your grid wouldn't be an easy target if you aren't there. While if you are online it is quite easy to fullthrust your ass out of danger or jump ;)
      Srsly, there are various ways to avoid being destroyed and I think that setting yourself 3k from every living soul isn't actually the most server friendly way.
      Once again, planet is a huge place. Setting 7.5 km view range makes it really hard to find any grid by just simply eagle eye ;)
      And after all, feeling completely comfortable and safe takes away alot of excitement this game could offer.
    • to 1. 1000 km diameter is quite small. Such a small diameter would push raiding to a new high, resulting in player loss.

to 6. 500 blocks for starters? Have you ever played on such a low level? Most players specialize their crafts (e.g. i own a miner, a base and a trader atm).

to 8. same view on it like PeXS.

to 9. Due to some issues, turrets do not always detect dogs, means they can chew through your base right beside an active turret.

In short: These changes would make the server a hardcore PvP environment, something in which most players won't play. Sorry to say it, but most of us wouldn't be fond of such changes.

BTW: As you already noticed, the main language is German, and some people around here are not fluent in English or do not speak it at all.
      "Tanker anvisiert, Lastwagen versenkt."
      Aus dem Logbuch der USS Seetiger,
      dem rosaroten U-Boot

Quelle: "Unternehmen Petticoat", Film
    • What are your suggestions then ? How would you make server runnable longer than it is now ?
      I don't want this, I don't want that. Still waiting for other options :)
      And yes, there would be alot of players willing to play on hardcore if only server had proper running speed.
      Turrets don't react on dogs by the same reason they don't react sometimes at players and that is ---> sim speed. If this is good, turrets work just fine.
      I am aware there may be some ppl not speaking english but I don't speak german so what options do I have ? :) Maybe some kind soul would translate and add another topic.

I wrote it earlier and I write it again: Security Beacon! You won't lose your grid while off, and raiding threat is one of the most crucial part of survival mode multiplayer.

For some reason ppl have problem realizing that reality forces to reduction or else there would be complaining on how slow game runs.
      So, I wish to hear/read your options, on what could we suggest admin to include in his server vision, not just "disagreement" which frankly gives very little.